Monday, April 12, 2010

6. Stereotyping

I suddenly decided to change my mind about the research paper and did about stereotyping of homosexual people. When I examined the examples of stereotyping in detail, I realized how homosexual people are treaten inequally and how their rights are violeted. Although with in years government applied some new laws for protecting homosexual's rights, there are still some limitations and we still hear physical harassments. When the incidents is looked, it might be clearly seen that laws are not enough for protecting the rights of homosexual people. However rather than punishing with jail, psychological treatment may be helpful for heterosexuals to come over their homophobia and to gain a new perspective to evaluate homosexuals. People need to learn not judge by sexual orientation and need not to forget that, these people are also indiviuals as we are.

2 comments:

  1. When you say government, which government do you mean?

    I like your idea about counselling for heterosexuals! Gay people aren't sick, hateful people are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some examples about America so I basiclly based my thsesis to american government.
    As I also mentioned in my research paper Clinton applied some laws for homosexual's, which enlarge their freedom..

    ReplyDelete